For students interested in continuing their education, but not quite ready to pursue a full program of study we offer three graduate certificates.
- 8 week courses, all available online
- Some courses available 1 night each week at K-State Olathe
- Full-time faculty with doctorates and experience as practitioners
- Opportunity to specialize in area related to career
- No required prerequisites
- May start coursework in fall, spring, or summer
- No out-of-state tuition and fees or application fees
- Can complete certificate in 12-18 months
Graduate Certificates are offered in the following areas:
This Graduate Certificate emphasizes relationship skills, leadership, and communication based on adult-learning theories and principles. It can be used to strengthen both personal and professional skills. This program will assist any working professional in any adult-related field who seeks to expand their skills in the areas of organizational leadership, interpersonal interactions, and multicultural and global perspectives. Heavy emphasis will be placed on the learner’s practical application to a specific work setting.
The 15-credit hour Adult Learning graduate certificate is perfect for working professionals who would like to expand their skills in the areas of adult learning theories and principles, instructional methods, curriculum design, and program evaluation. All courses are offered online, and some are offered in a face-to-face format at K-State Olathe.
English as a Second Language for Adult Learners
This 18-credit hour online graduate certificate, offered by the Department of Educational Leadership emphasizes instructional methods and principles of learning that promote linguistic, cognitive, and academic development for culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) adult learners in various educational settings.